Recent

Follow Us

Reese Witherspoon Apologizes On her behalf Behavior!

Reese Witherspoon
Pursuing Reese Witherspoon's arrest on Friday for disorderly conduct from the wake her husband Jim Toth’s DRIVING UNDER THE INFLUENCE arrest, the actress has issued a statement through her publicist.

“Out of respect to the ongoing legal situation, I cannot touch upon everything that is being reported at the moment. But I do want to express, I clearly had one drink way too many and I am deeply embarrassed in regards to the things I said. It was definitely a frightening situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that is no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who had been just doing his job. I've nothing but respect for the authorities and I’m very sorry intended for my behavior. ”

As EW documented earlier, Witherspoon was arrested and briefly jailed on Friday after her husband, Hollywood agent Jim Toth, was pulled over in Atlanta early Friday morning on mistrust of driving while intoxicated and arrested on the DUI charge. Witherspoon, a passenger from the car, was arrested on the disorderly conduct charge.

According for you to Variety, which first broke this story, Witherspoon was handcuffed after disobeying the arresting officer’s instructions to stay in the vehicle and became more and more agitated. The report added that based on the officer, “Mrs. Witherspoon asked, ‘Do you know my name? ’ I answered, ‘No, I don’t need to learn your name'. Mrs. Witherspoon expressed, ‘You’re about to find out who My business is. ’”

Reese Witherspoon, 37, and Jim Toth, 42, both were released on bond Friday morning as well as a court appearance is scheduled intended for Monday morning in Atlanta Municipal Court. The couple is in Atlanta shooting her film 'The good lie'.

Source: news-briefs.ew.com, usmagazine.com